I am an energetic executive for startups having founded or worked at eight companies with four exits and four companies still operating. I was CEO for last two venture funded start-ups. I also maintain a broad domain of expertise, having held leadership positions in products, marketing, and operations. Academic credentials include a BA, BS, MS, and MBA degree from Stanford, Wesleyan, and Santa Clara. I am a 500 startups Venture Partner, a mentor/advisor for Cardinal Ventures, Stanford iFarm, and Stanford's Treehacks program as well as an executive advisor for over 15 funded startups, and previously held the position of Executive in Residence at Quest Venture Partners.
- Senior management or executive positions in six startups (Ventro/Chemdex, Datasweep, Blazent, Equilar, Fididel, HighlightCam), two as CEO.
- Four companies acquired (Solectron, Ventro/Chemdex, Agile, Datasweep); four companies still in business (Blazent, Equilar, Fididel, HighlightCam).
- Raised $6+ million in funding as CEO (Fididel and HighlightCam) from Intel Capital, NTT DOCOMO, Quest Venture Partners, K9 Ventures, and others.
- Executive in Residence for Quest Venture Partners.
- Joined founders and grew companies to 15 and 25+ employees in one year, (Fididel, HighlightCam).
- CEO and board member of two venture-funded startups.
- Successfully led team from 3 to 200+ members to achieve goals.
- Built marketing plans and achieved 100%+ average revenue growth in four companies (HighlightCam, Fididel, Equilar, Blazent).
- Managed marketing programs including social, email, web, SEO, event, celebrity, YouTube, physical mailings, banner ads, Google ad word, and many others.
- Doubled margins and drove startup company to profitability in 11 months (Fididel).
- Proven track record of hitting financial burn rate goals.